Monday, May 19, 2014

Blueberry Croissant Puff

My love for breakfast runs far and deep! It is by far my favorite meal of the day and I love it even more when I get to enjoy it with a mimosa for brunch.

I have been doing lots of experimenting with perfecting my baked French toast recipe. Baked French toast is simply THE BEST! It can be prepared the night before and enjoyed the morning of any holiday ( I recently made it for Mother's Day and last Christmas). Also it can be made in bulk which frees up the chef from being stuck in front of the stove flipping bread, and allows them to spend more time with family.

Let me know if you try the recipe and what your favorite breakfast foods are in the comments.


Blueberry Croissant Puff

4 large croissants, cut up

1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
½ cup sugar
3 or 4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp cinnamon

Brown Sugar Crumble
1 tbsp. butter, melted
cup brown sugar
¼ cup flour

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.
  3. Pour mixture evenly over croissant pieces. (You may need to add more mixture if your croissant pieces are not fully covered). Let stand 20 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
  4. In a small bowl, use a fork and mix together brown sugar, flour and butter until crumbly.
  5. Sprinkle croissants with blueberries and brown sugar crumble.
  6. Bake for 35 minutes or until set in center. If tops are getting too browned cover for last 10 minutes.

    Adapted from Blueberry Croissant Puff, it originally appeared here.

    
    I used frozen blueberries.


    
    Three of us ate the whole thing!
Note: I usually buy the croissants a day or two ahead. They dry out a little and soak up the egg mixture better.
 
 
Thanks for visiting and enjoy the sweet things!
xo
 

No comments :

Post a Comment