Friday, May 16, 2014

National Chocolate Chip Day

Holidays are my absolute favorite! I love getting into the spirit of holidays, decorating and BAKING to celebrate. I am always making little gifts and treats to celebrate the holidays.

Google National Chocolate Chip Day!
So in honor of yesterday's glorious holiday National Chocolate Chip Day (totally not a made up thing, I promise) I give you the BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE OF ALL TIME!!!**

Check out these other blogs for more rave reviews: Tidy Mom,  For Me, For You (Kate provides lots of baking tips!)

Original Cookie Recipe Can be Found here: NY Times


Delicious coarse sea salt


Giant tub of cookie dough = AWESOME

 I used an ice-cream scoop to make the dough balls large enough. Also, I only had the patience to wait for the dough to chill for 9 hours (I was sleeping for 8 of those hours).


I am allowing the rest of the dough to chill for the full 36 hours for even better results.


Check out these beauties!


Cookie tower!
**I know you may be thinking, "No way! My Gam Gam makes the best cookies, she uses a sercret family recipe!" or maybe you said, "Nuh uh, my kids simply love Toll House cookies. There's nothing better."

Sorry to break it to you but the Toll House Recipe has nothing on these cookies! And these are definitely better than your grandmother's... sorry Gam Gam! :)



Thanks for visiting and enjoy the sweet things!
xo 


No comments :

Post a Comment